A-Z of Blog Post Ideas
This big list of blog post Ideas is intended to give you inspiration and to make you think.
Download it in pdf form to have it handy if you are stuck on topics for your blog. (see below) You might find it handy to decide what form or format your chosen topic is going to take. Use it to check that your blog contains a variety of types of post to keep your audience interested.
– A –
- Advice from Experts
- Affiliate posts – occasionally write about products and services you’re an affiliate for.
- Announcements about what’s new on your site.
- Answer “Why?”
- Ask for feedback and other people’s experiences.
- Ask questions on Social Media and publish answers in a post – reward with links back to contributor’s sites.
- Aspirations for Your Blog / Business
- Auto-Biographical Post
- A-Z post
– B –
- Bad habits – how you overcame or aim to.
- Beginner’s Guides
- Best Comments – publish your best blog comments
- Best Mobile Apps for your Industry
- Blog carnival on a topic within your niche. Invite others to join.
- Book reviews
- Build upon the posts of others
– C –
- Case Studies
- Challenges you face.
- Challenges your readers might face
- Charity / Awareness posts
- Cheat Sheet
- Checklists: Do you have all that you need to ____?
- Compare to something completely different (Sports, Health, Movie analogies …)
- Comparisons of similar things
- Conference Posts
- Controversial Subjects
- Criticisms and Open Letters
- Critiques of articles, programs, software, videos,webinars…
- Curate or Summarize Someone Else’s Work
- Current Events
– D –
- Day in your life – what’s it like
- Debates – Is Firefox better than Chrome
- Discussions current in your niche
- Diary Entry
– E –
- Earnings Summaries
- E-book giveaway with summary post
- e-books you’ve read and recommend – free and paid for.
- Email responses to a reader’s questions
- Event Summaries
- Evergreen Content
- Expand on an already written post and include a link to it.
– F –
- Facebook Post Embeds
- Forums list and reviews
- Founding stories – how you started out, what’s behind your name ..
- Free giveaway posts
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Funny events, “tongue in cheek” posts, funny images.
- Funny Videos for Blog Posts
– G –
- Give away a pdf version of your post
- Glance “Behind the Curtain”
- Glossaries, definition posts, Lists of acronyms
- Goals and Dreams you have, goals your working on.
- Groups you belong to.
- Guest Posts
– H –
- Hard truths your readers and customers need to know
- Historical – this day in History, How things were done then …
- History of Your Blog or Business
- Holidays – At this time of year we turn our attention to …
- How-to Guides
– I –
- Image Posts – add text to images (quotes or list post points)
- Important people
- Important theories or concepts in your industry.
- Industry News
- Inspirational Stories
– J –
- Journal of your activities – weekly/monthly
– K –
- Key points from a conference, webinar, book you’ve read
– L –
- Laws applicable to your niche, legislation changes.
- Life Lessons
- List Posts
- Link Roundup
- Little known facts
- Live Blog – Invite people to comment at a certain time.
- Local News (Non-Business)
– M –
- Make Over Posts if you change your site design.
- Mentors that have helped you
- Metrics to Measure Guides
- Misconceptions about your industry, a product or service
- Mistakes you see people/businesses in your niche making
- Myths surrounding your niche
- Monthly Updates and Stats
- Motivational Posts
- Myth vs. Fact
– N –
- Newsletters you subscribe to
– O –
- Open Letter – a letter addressed to a particular person or group .
- Opinion Posts
– P –
- Parody Posts
- People important to you and your business
- Photo Posts
- Podcast Show Notes – yours or others
- Pop-Culture Commentary
- Popular Post Lists
- Presentations and SlideShare
- Previews – what are you working on, what’s coming soon
- Problem and Solutions
- Profiles about people in your industry, staff or team members.
- Pros and cons list.
– Q –
- Questions and Answers
- Quotes posts – lists or just one quote you analyse and what it means to you.
– R –
- Reassuring posts
- Recycle Old Posts
- Regrets you have – how you’d have done things better.
- Regular Posts you publish monthly or weekly. Example: Round up of posts you’ve read
- Responses to Interesting Customer Questions
- Reviews of products, services, a webinar, video, other sites.
- Run an online course
– S –
- Security issues faced online
- Secrets of “those in the know”
- Series of Posts
- Share Recent Travel Experiences *
- Share What Others are Saying
- Skype call – record and publish – with permission
- Snatches of song lyrics with commentary relevant to one of your topics – include song video
- Successes and failures you’ve experienced
- Suggestions you’ve received
- Summaries – (your best posts on a particular topic, the last year, opinions ….)
- Support – where to go to find support in particular topics.
- Surveys and Polls
- Take the opposite point of view to others.
- Talk about your business
- Teaser posts – write so much about a topic then offer an ebook for more detail.
- Templates for download
- Thankful Posts
- Think Out Loud posts
- Thoughts from Newbies
- Time Saving Tips
- To-do lists – what are you working on
- Tools and resources you Use
- Top Take-Aways – from whatever
- Training you’ve done
- Transcript videos – use images where necessary
- Trends in your industry
- Twitter Posts Embeds
– U –
- Uniqueness – What makes you, your business or a product or service unique
– V –
- Video Posts
– W –
- What Inspires You
- What interests you in your business the most
- Why you prefer this to that
- Writing blog posts
– X –
• Xenagogues – OK I’m pushing it with this one. A Xenogogue is a guide.
– Y –
- You – let your audience get to know you better.
– Z –
- Zappy, lively entertaining posts
- Zyzzyva – A South American weevil (only if your niche includes animals – keep your posts relevant!)
If you’d like a copy of this blog post idea guide for reference ,please complete the form below for a pdf e-book version.
If you'd like a copy of this post in e-book, pdf, format please sign up for my updates.
I'll send you details of where to download all the free resources on this site.